Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit can be influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment units type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment products type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, observe in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is definitely 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
See our website to read more information concerning crane duty helical gearbox.